Sometimes it might be quite difficult to find the best shallow subs. With every niche market offering so many different products, it makes sense that this is the case.
Unfortunately, this very fact can make it incredibly difficult to find the item that best suits your needs, which is why we’ve put together this shallow subs buying guide.
Our Top 10 Recommendations:
Best Shallow Subs Reviews:
Bestseller No. 3 2) Kicker 43CVT122 COMPVT 12" 1600 Watt Shallow Slim Car Subwoofers Subs CVT12-2
- Features: (2) Kicker 43CVT122 COMPVT 12" 1600 Watt 2-Ohm SVC Car Subwoofers. Power Handling: .Peak: 800 watts .RMS: 400 watts. Recommended power range: 200 - 450 RMS
- UniPlate system redirects heat away from motor structure. Perimeter Venting. Stamped Steel Basket. Push Pin Terminals. Single 2-Ohm high-temperature voice coil. Top-mount depth: 4-3/8"
- Cutout diameter: 11". Frequency Response: 25 - 500Hz. Sensitivity: 87.1 dB. Minimum Sealed Enclosure: 1 Cu Ft. Maximum Sealed Enclosure: 4.6 Cu Ft. Minimum Ported Enclosure: 1.75 Cu Ft
- Maximum Ported Enclosure: 2.25 Cu Ft. 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
Bestseller No. 5 Earthquake Sound i82SWS 8-inch Shallow Woofer System Under-the-Seat Subwoofers with Gaskets, 2-Ohm (Pair)
- Car audio subwoofer with shallow 2-1/8" mounting depth for versatile placement; Compatible subwoofer replacement for BMW and Toyota Supra MKV.Impedance: 2 ohm.Power source type:Corded Electric.Speaker size:8 inches
- Inverted style cone design for maximum excursion in shallow mount applications; Protected by 3 US Patents
- 150 Watts RMS (300 Watts MAX) with 2-Ohm impedance
- Satisfying punchy bass from a small package - sealed enclosure is recommended
- NOMEX/ROMEX spider assembly
Bestseller No. 8 DS18 IXS12.4S Shallow Car Subwoofer - 12" 1400W MAX Power, 750W RMS, Single Voice Coil, 4 Ohms Impedance (1 Speaker)
- BASS WITHOUT THE SPACE - The 12" Shallow Subwoofer puts out all of the power you need and handles low frequencies without the need for an overly large enclosure that uses too much valuable space.
- READY FOR HIGH POWER APPLICATIONS - At 1,600 Watts Max Power and 800 Watts RMS, this subwoofer will be able to manage anything you want to throw at it.
- TREATED RUBBER EDGE - The entire rubber edge is treated to add durability. DS18 designed this sub with non-fatiguing suspension to keep equipment safe and ensure your new subwoofer holds up over time.
- HIGH-QUALITY MAGNET - Settle for nothing but the best with Ferrite magnets that produces a wider range of tones and can handle tremendous power at high volumes.
- NEVER STOP INNOVATING ATTITUDE - DS18 stands out from other brands with our progressive designs and unwavering commitment to delivering the most technologically up-to-date products on the market.
Bestseller No. 10 Rockford Fosgate 2 R2SD2-12 12" R2 1000W Shallow DVC Subwoofers Subs
- Two Brand New **Rockford Fosgate R2SD2 12** 12" Prime R2 1000W 2 Ohm DVC Shallow Subwoofers
- Power Handling (Max): 500 Watts per sub (1,000 Watts per pair)
- Power Handling (RMS): 250 Watts per sub (500 Watts per pair)
- 12 gauge compression terminals
Last update on 2023-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to find the best shallow subs?
Here, we’ll be going over a number of factors that you can use to ensure that you’re purchasing the best shallow subs for you.
Regardless of which type of item you’re looking to buy, chances are that there are existing buying guides on the internet, all of which aim to give you good shallow subs recommendations.
Despite these recommendations, however, it’s always a good idea to do your own research. In addition to this research, asking yourself the following questions is also super helpful:
- What features does the shallow subs need to have to be perfect for my needs?
- What is my budget?
- Do I need to purchase a certain brand?
Once you’ve answered these questions and have a good idea of what you’re looking for and the buying process becomes much easier. Keep in mind that when looking for the best product, there’s no need to rush. In fact, very rarely are the ideal products found by choosing the first one you see or by basing your decisions on only one factor. Take your time and enjoy the process!
Now, with the answers to the previous questions in mind, we urge you to use our upcoming buying guide for shallow subs to find what you’re looking for:
In some cases, the brand of shallow subs is very important. For example, if you’re looking for an item that works in tandem with another, you might very well need both products to be the same brand. If this is the case, it’s vital to pay attention to this factor, as choosing the wrong product can mean the difference between wasting your money and buying a great product that functions as it should.
The features in any given shallow subs are important because they can dictate which version of an item you need and how much money you need to spend. Consider all the key features that you want your item to have and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t check at least ¾ of your boxes.
Customer reviews about shallow subs are crucial – especially when you’re buying a product that costs a lot of money or serves a big importance. Luckily, most products can be found online, which means that it’s common for there to be scores of customer reviews from those who have already purchased any given product.
Pay attention to these reviews. Take note of the pros and cons that they mention, and factor these into your big decision. In some cases, you’ll be forced to sacrifice one con in order to gain a particular pro, but being aware of the potential con is going to be beneficial in either case.
Of course, quality is key. You don’t want to purchase a low-quality product. If you do, you run the risk of your item breaking, not working properly, or otherwise proving to be very disappointing, as well as a waste of money.
You can compare shallow subs quality by researching what your potential purchases are made from, contrasting the individual items against each other to discern which one is made of the best materials.
Warranty isn’t always going to be important, but it definitely can be. This is especially true if the item in question is tech-related or expensive. A good warranty will be valid for an extended time after purchase and cover a variety of problems ranging from item defects to random accidents, water damage, and other miscellaneous events that could ruin your product.
The quest to find the best shallow subs can be daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. It can be made much easier by asking yourself a few simple questions and then thinking critically about the items you want to buy. Consider their features, quality, brand, warranty, and customer reviews and you’re more likely to make a great purchase.