Sometimes it might be quite difficult to find the best rv ac units. With every niche market offering so many different products, it makes sense that this is the case.
Unfortunately, this very fact can make it incredibly difficult to find the item that best suits your needs, which is why we’ve put together this rv ac units buying guide.
Our Best Picks:
Our Favorite Rv Ac Units Reviews:
Bestseller No. 1 DOMETIC PENGUIN II - 13.5K BTU AIR CONDITIONER - BLACK
- SLEEK DESIGN - Improved aerodynamics reduces wind resistance while underway
- LIGHTER WEIGHT - EPP foam housing reduces weight and improves cooling efficiency
- ECO-FRIENDLY - R410A refrigerant is environmentally friendly and releases heat more efficiently
- PREMIUM COMFORT - High-perfomance motor and fan for maximum cooling
- R410A refrigerant is environmentally friendly and releases heat more efficiently
Bestseller No. 2 Dometic Brisk II 15K BTU White
- 15,000 BTU model
- Cool only model
- Requires inside ceiling assembly and control kit or ADB (all sold separately)
- Ducted or Non-Ducted applications
- Input Voltage (AC): 115 V; Input Frequency: 60 Hz
Bestseller No. 3 Dometic Brisk II Rooftop Air Conditioner, 13,500 BTU - Polar White (B57915.XX1C0)
- Your purchase includes One Dometic Brisk II Rooftop Air Conditioner, 13,500 BTU - Polar White B57915.XX1C0 model, One Warranty card and One Registration card
- Air conditioner dimensions: 29 5/8” W x 13 7/8” H x 27 5/8” D. Weight 77 lbs
- Performance: 13,500 BTU/h. Input voltage (AC): 115V. Does not include Heat Pump
- Dampening brackets reduce noise and vibration
- The Brisk II's smart design and improved materials combine to maximize air flow and performance
Bestseller No. 4 RecPro RV Air Conditioner 13.5K Ducted | Quiet AC | Cooling Only | RV AC Unit | Camper Air Conditioner (White)
- Here at RecPro, we want to give you what you want. We want to give you an air conditioner that can switch to heating, can operate at a lower amperage, is quieter, and still has amazing temperature quality. And with this air conditioning unit, that's exactly what we're offering.
- This air conditioning unit measures 26 3/4" wide by 39 5/16" long by 13 11/16" high on the side of the unit that sits outside of your RV and 21 1/8" wide by 21 15/16" long by 1 11/16" high for the interior ceiling assembly.
- This AC unit is ducted and comes in the two colors of black or white. Attractive and durable, it runs off 120V power. Unlike other AC units on the market, this RV air conditioner has a much quieter sound level.
Bestseller No. 5 RecPro RV Air Conditioner Low Profile 9.5K Non-Ducted | Quiet AC | Cooling Only | RV AC Unit | Camper Air Conditioner (White)
- The remote that is included with the model allows you to control the temperature and settings of the unit from the comfort of your couch.
- Unlike other models that are made of cheap plastic that has been molded to shape around the unit, these are made from high-quality, tough plastic built to withstand what life throws at it.
- The small size allows you to take full advantage of the air conditioner while not sacrificing as much in the way of roof space or interior ceiling space. Because it fits a 14" by 14" space, it can directly replace a 14" by 14" fan
- The maximum power input of this unit is 1590 Watts and the maximum current is 14.6 Amps, leading to an energy efficiency rating of 5.97 watts per BTU.
Bestseller No. 6 Dometic Brisk II 15K BTU Black
- Nominal capacity,15,000 BTU/Hour; Installation type: ducted or non ducted
- High-performance motor and fan
- Electrical rating- 115V AC, 60 Hz, 1 Phase
- Easy installation and maintenance
- 2 Year Protection Plus Warranty
Bestseller No. 8 ASA Electronics ACM135 Advent Air 13,500 BTU Roof Top AC, White
- 13,500 BTUs, 115 Volt AC power
- Rigid, metal constructed base pan
- Premium, thick, watertight vent opening gasket with six dense foam support pads
- Three fan speeds Installs in standard 14.25" x 14.25" vent opening
- Optional plug-in heat strip available
Bestseller No. 9 RecPro RV Air Conditioner 15K Non-Ducted | With Heat Pump for Heating or Cooling Option | RV AC Unit | Camper Air Conditioner (White)
- Measuring 26 3/4" wide by 39 5/16" long by 13 11/16" high on the outside of your RV and 21 1/8" wide by 21 15/16" long by 1 11/16" high on the inside ceiling assembly. The air conditioner is non-ducted and comes in black and white.
- Attractive and durable, it runs off of 115V power. With this model, the sound level is much lower than many of the other air conditioners on the market and the quality of the temperature is better.
- In addition, the amperage (amps) on the model is lower than other air conditioners. While this might not mean a whole lot, it means that it draws less electricity, saving you power and money to use for other appliances or RV devices.
Bestseller No. 10 Douglas D20 Rooftop Air Conditioner, 9800BTU 12V, Black, No Idle, Battery Powered Complete Unit
- Air conditioner dimensions: 32 7/10” W x 7 3/5” H x 27 5/8” D
- Performance: 9,800 BTU/h. Input voltage (AC): 12V.
- For small space cooling such as truck cabins, cuddy cabins, electric vehicles, compact off-road camper, carriage cooling for trucks and other specialized vehicles such as excavation vehicles and agricultural vehicles, etc.
- Air Conditioner Weight: 110 lbs
- Cooling Capacity: 9800 BTU/h Rated Total Current: 48A
Last update on 2023-03-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to find the best rv ac units?
Here, we’ll be going over a number of factors that you can use to ensure that you’re purchasing the best rv ac units for you.
Regardless of which type of item you’re looking to buy, chances are that there are existing buying guides on the internet, all of which aim to give you good rv ac units recommendations.
Despite these recommendations, however, it’s always a good idea to do your own research. In addition to this research, asking yourself the following questions is also super helpful:
- What features does the rv ac units need to have to be perfect for my needs?
- What is my budget?
- Do I need to purchase a certain brand?
Once you’ve answered these questions and have a good idea of what you’re looking for and the buying process becomes much easier. Keep in mind that when looking for the best product, there’s no need to rush. In fact, very rarely are the ideal products found by choosing the first one you see or by basing your decisions on only one factor. Take your time and enjoy the process!
Now, with the answers to the previous questions in mind, we urge you to use our upcoming buying guide for rv ac units to find what you’re looking for:
In some cases, the brand of rv ac units is very important. For example, if you’re looking for an item that works in tandem with another, you might very well need both products to be the same brand. If this is the case, it’s vital to pay attention to this factor, as choosing the wrong product can mean the difference between wasting your money and buying a great product that functions as it should.
The features in any given rv ac units are important because they can dictate which version of an item you need and how much money you need to spend. Consider all the key features that you want your item to have and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t check at least ¾ of your boxes.
Customer reviews about rv ac units are crucial – especially when you’re buying a product that costs a lot of money or serves a big importance. Luckily, most products can be found online, which means that it’s common for there to be scores of customer reviews from those who have already purchased any given product.
Pay attention to these reviews. Take note of the pros and cons that they mention, and factor these into your big decision. In some cases, you’ll be forced to sacrifice one con in order to gain a particular pro, but being aware of the potential con is going to be beneficial in either case.
Of course, quality is key. You don’t want to purchase a low-quality product. If you do, you run the risk of your item breaking, not working properly, or otherwise proving to be very disappointing, as well as a waste of money.
You can compare rv ac units quality by researching what your potential purchases are made from, contrasting the individual items against each other to discern which one is made of the best materials.
Warranty isn’t always going to be important, but it definitely can be. This is especially true if the item in question is tech-related or expensive. A good warranty will be valid for an extended time after purchase and cover a variety of problems ranging from item defects to random accidents, water damage, and other miscellaneous events that could ruin your product.
The quest to find the best rv ac units can be daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. It can be made much easier by asking yourself a few simple questions and then thinking critically about the items you want to buy. Consider their features, quality, brand, warranty, and customer reviews and you’re more likely to make a great purchase.