Sometimes it might be quite difficult to find the best oil additive. With every niche market offering so many different products, it makes sense that this is the case.
Unfortunately, this very fact can make it incredibly difficult to find the item that best suits your needs, which is why we’ve put together this oil additive buying guide.
Our 10 Recommendations:
The 10 Top Oil Additive Reviews:
SaleBestseller No. 1
Liqui Moly 2009 Anti-Friction Oil Treatment - 300 ml
- Motor oil additive - Liqui Moly MoS2 anti-friction (300 ml. Can)
- Forms High load-bearing film of lubricant on all friction surfaces
- You will be surprised at how much better your engine sounds and how controlled it will be even at very high RPM
- Flash point: 181.0 degrees_celsius
Bestseller No. 4
Liqui Moly (20002) Cera Tec Friction Modifier - 300 ml
- Mixable with all commercially available motor oils
- Stable even under high thermal and dynamic permanent loads
- No deposits and absolutely compatible with all commonly used filter systems
- Resists extremely high and low temperatures
Bestseller No. 5
BG MOA Motor Oil Additive 11oz (3 Pack)
- BG MOA fortifies all qualities of engine oil, providing superior, long-lasting engine protection and maintain peak engine performance.
- It prevents engine oil oxidation and thickening under even the most intense driving conditions
- Extends engine life
- Reduces wear
- Prevents sludge and varnish
Bestseller No. 6
Bar's Leaks Oil Seal Engine Oil Burning and Leak Repair
- This Premium Quality Synthetic Blend Works With All Types Of Motor/Engine Oil Including Regular Petroleum, High Mileage, Synthetic Blends And Fully Synthetic Formulas
- Works In All Gasoline And Diesel Engines Including Turbocharged, Eco Boost, Hybrid And Even Racing Engines, Including 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 And 10 Cylinder Engines In All Cars, Trucks, Vans And Suv'S
- Can Also Be Used In Heavy-Duty Applications As Well As Tractors, Boats, Rv'S, Motorcycles (Including Wet Clutch), Atv'S, Lawn Equipment
- In Most Cases The Oil Leak Issue Will Be Repaired With A Single Dosage. However, For Best Results And To Prevent The Problems From Reoccurring, Use With Every Other Oil Change, Or Once Per Year
Bestseller No. 7
TriboTEX Nano Oil Additive Car Engine Treatment: Add to Engine Lube - Makes High Mileage Cars Like New with a Synthetic Material (Treats One Regular Car, Truck, Tractor or Small Diesel)
- GROUNDBREAKING: Made in the USA – TriboTEX is a revolutionary engine oil additive. It contains synthetic nanoparticles developed with funding from the U.S. Department of Energy, NASA, & the National Science Foundation.
- QUIETER & SMOOTHER PERFORMANCE: Reverses wear in bearings by building a diamond-like carbon coating.
- UNIVERSAL: Compatible with all types of motor oil and can be used in gas or diesel engines. Use for both old and new cars. It is an excellent engine booster.
- EFFICIENT: Our masterfully engineered engine treatment improves fuel consumption and reduces engine noise. It is time to improve your engine and take your driving experience to a new level.
- GUARANTEED QUALITY: We know you will be delighted with this ground-breaking technology. Our treatment comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
SaleBestseller No. 8
REV X ZDDP Oil Additive - Zinc & Phosphorus
- Creates an anti-wear layer at friction points to prevent metal-to-metal contact and eliminate wear.
- Engine break-in where the new camshaft and lifters need extra protection, and ZDDP is perfect for that.
- Mandatory for all flat tappet engines.
- Works in both synthetic and standard mineral-based oils.
- Two fluid ounces mixed with 6 quarts of oil create a ratio of 3000 – 3200 parts per million (ppm).
Bestseller No. 9
REV X Stiction Fix Oil Treatment - Two 4 fl. oz. Bottles
- The Original Stiction Fix!
- Releases Stuck Injectors without using Harmful and Dangerous Chemical Strippers!
- Can be Used with any Diesel or Gasoline Engine.
- Stiction Issue in HEUI Injectors & Turbo Chargers Can be Repaired.
- It's no Secret, REV X Works!
Bestseller No. 10
Prolong Super Lubricants PSL11000 Engine Treatment - 12 oz. , White
- Includes a Formula with Anti-Friction Metal Treatment Technology
- Features Engineering Designed to Treat Metal Surfaces of Both Gasoline and Diesel Fueled Engines
- Offers Molecules that Interact with Metal Surfaces and Chemically Bond to Create a Protective Layer that Reduces Damaging Friction and Heat
- Offers to Protect the Engine Even when the Motor Oil is Not Yet Fully Circulating
- Features a Formula Containing No Solid Particles Such as PTFE Resins, 'Molys', Zinc, Copper, or Graphite
Last update on 2022-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to find the best oil additive?
Here, we’ll be going over a number of factors that you can use to ensure that you’re purchasing the best oil additive for you.
Regardless of which type of item you’re looking to buy, chances are that there are existing buying guides on the internet, all of which aim to give you good oil additive recommendations.
Despite these recommendations, however, it’s always a good idea to do your own research. In addition to this research, asking yourself the following questions is also super helpful:
- What features does the oil additive need to have to be perfect for my needs?
- What is my budget?
- Do I need to purchase a certain brand?
Once you’ve answered these questions and have a good idea of what you’re looking for and the buying process becomes much easier. Keep in mind that when looking for the best product, there’s no need to rush. In fact, very rarely are the ideal products found by choosing the first one you see or by basing your decisions on only one factor. Take your time and enjoy the process!
Now, with the answers to the previous questions in mind, we urge you to use our upcoming buying guide for oil additive to find what you’re looking for:
In some cases, the brand of oil additive is very important. For example, if you’re looking for an item that works in tandem with another, you might very well need both products to be the same brand. If this is the case, it’s vital to pay attention to this factor, as choosing the wrong product can mean the difference between wasting your money and buying a great product that functions as it should.
The features in any given oil additive are important because they can dictate which version of an item you need and how much money you need to spend. Consider all the key features that you want your item to have and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t check at least ¾ of your boxes.
Customer reviews about oil additive are crucial – especially when you’re buying a product that costs a lot of money or serves a big importance. Luckily, most products can be found online, which means that it’s common for there to be scores of customer reviews from those who have already purchased any given product.
Pay attention to these reviews. Take note of the pros and cons that they mention, and factor these into your big decision. In some cases, you’ll be forced to sacrifice one con in order to gain a particular pro, but being aware of the potential con is going to be beneficial in either case.
Of course, quality is key. You don’t want to purchase a low-quality product. If you do, you run the risk of your item breaking, not working properly, or otherwise proving to be very disappointing, as well as a waste of money.
You can compare oil additive quality by researching what your potential purchases are made from, contrasting the individual items against each other to discern which one is made of the best materials.
Warranty isn’t always going to be important, but it definitely can be. This is especially true if the item in question is tech-related or expensive. A good warranty will be valid for an extended time after purchase and cover a variety of problems ranging from item defects to random accidents, water damage, and other miscellaneous events that could ruin your product.
The quest to find the best oil additive can be daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. It can be made much easier by asking yourself a few simple questions and then thinking critically about the items you want to buy. Consider their features, quality, brand, warranty, and customer reviews and you’re more likely to make a great purchase.