Sometimes it might be quite difficult to find the best full synthetic transmission fluid. With every niche market offering so many different products, it makes sense that this is the case.
Unfortunately, this very fact can make it incredibly difficult to find the item that best suits your needs, which is why we’ve put together this full synthetic transmission fluid buying guide.
Our 10 Recommendations:
Our Favorite Full Synthetic Transmission Fluid Reviews:
Bestseller No. 1
Valvoline Multi-Vehicle (ATF) Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid 1 GA
- SUITABLE FOR USE IN 95% of ATF VEHICLES in operation with US registered light duty applications.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CONDITIONING AGENTS prolong seal elasticity to prevent leaks
- IMPROVE DURABILITY & TRANSMISSION LIFE with anti-wear technology to avoid costly repairs
- ENHANCED HIGH & LOW TEMP PERFORMANCE supports transmission fluid in all weather situations
SaleBestseller No. 2
Valvoline DEXRON VI/MERCON LV (ATF) Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid 1 QT
- Provides consistent shift performance for new and old GM transmissions
- Extends transmission fluid life and prevents fluid breakdown at higher operating temperatures
- Provides excellent oxidative stability under severe conditions
- Reduces sludge and varnish build-up
- For any product use or product technical questions call 1-800-TEAM-VAL
Bestseller No. 3
Ford Genuine Fluid XT-M5-QS Full Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid - 1 Quart Pack of 3, Packaging may vary
- Use according to owner guide recommendations
- Manufactured with synthetic base oils and performance additives providing improved gear shifting at all ambient temperatures
- Due to its excellent thermal, oxidative and shear stability, this fluid meets Ford’s fill-for-life requirements
- Its wear protection extends the life of synchronizers and bearings
- Reduced friction and optimal lubrication reduces operating temperatures, increases component life and improves efficiency
Bestseller No. 4
Mobil 1 Full Synthetic LV Automatic Transmission Fluid HP, 6-Pack of 1 quarts
- Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP is a high performance synthetic automatic transmission fluid that delivers extended transmission life with improved thermal stability
- Has outstanding long-term frictional properties to help improve and extend transmission efficiency, smooth shifting performance, and fuel economy
- Exceptional thermal and oxidation stability keep transmissions clean to help provide outstanding performance even under severe driving conditions
- Helps provide reliable lubrication at temperatures down to -78F (-61C), and supports viscosity retention under the most severe high-temperature operating conditions
- Recommended for use in modern high-performance vehicles requiring Dexron HP ATF
Bestseller No. 5
ACDelco GM Original Equipment 10-9244 Dexron VI Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid - 1 gal
- Backward compatible with previous DEXRON automatic transmission fluids and can be used as a much-improved replacement for older vehicles/transmissions originally using previous DEXRON fluids
- Improved performance over previous DEXRON fluids in: friction durability, viscosity stability, aeration and foam control, and oxidation resistance.
- Designed for anti-wear protection and shear stability
- Some ACDelco GM Original Equipment parts may have formerly appeared as GM Genuine Parts (OE) or ACDelco Professional
- ACDelco GM Original Equipment parts are designed, engineered and tested to rigorous standards, and are backed by General Motors
Bestseller No. 6
ACDelco GM Original Equipment 10-9243 Dexron VI Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid - 1 qt
- Backward compatible with previous Dexron automatic transmission fluids and can be used as a much-improved replacement for older vehicles/transmissions originally using previous Dexron fluids
- Improved performance over previous Dexron fluids in: friction durability, viscosity stability, aeration and foam control, and oxidation resistance
- Potential to enable improved fuel economy and longer transmission life
- Provides for extended drain intervals
Bestseller No. 7
Valvoline CVT Full Synthetic Continuously Variable Transmission Fluid 1 QT, Case of 6
- Formulated with full-synthetic base stocks and advanced additive technology to meet the challenging demands of CVT transmissions
- Excellent metal-to-metal protection and anti-shudder performance
- Developed with anti-wear technology to help improve transmission durability
- Engineered with a proprietary blend of base oils and advanced additives to provide better oil flow at low temperatures and greater film protection at higher temperatures
Bestseller No. 8
Ultra1Plus™ ATF Universal Full Synthetic Transmission Fluid
- ✅ Exceptional frictional stability to eliminate slippage.
- ✅ Superior protection against wear, sludge formation, rust and corrosion; even under extreme operational conditions.
- ✅ Excellent therm-oxidative stability , low temperature properties, seal compatibility and foam resistant.
- ✅ Reduce noise, vibration and harshness of Wet-Clutch performance.
- ✅ Synthetic technology for long life performance.
SaleBestseller No. 9
Valvoline ATF +4 Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid 1 QT
- EXCEEDS DEMANDS OF AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS of most Chrysler, Dodge, Ram & other Stellantis vehicles
- HIGH-EFFICIENCY CONDITIONERS protect and prolong the elasticity of seals, preventing leaks
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY REDUCES WEAR, foaming, and oxidation while protecting transmission performance
- SUPERIOR HIGH & LOW TEMP PERFORMANCE supports transmission fluid in all weather & driving situations
Bestseller No. 10
Castrol TranSynd 668 Full-Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid, 5 Gallon Pail
- TranSynd is a full-synthetic, automatic transmission fluid designed specifically for ALLISON transmissions / TES 468 is now covered by TranSynd 668
- Allows for extended drain intervals of up to 300,000 miles / 48 months in general-duty transmissions and up to 150,000 miles / 48 months in severe-duty transmissions
- 12 times longer drain intervals than conventional and other non-TES 668 and non0-TES 295 fluids
- Shear stability that helps maintain a stable viscosity which provides wear protection in gears throughout the drain interval
- Improved gear protection, extended anti-shudder durability and extended clutch-friction durability
Last update on 2022-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to find the best full synthetic transmission fluid?
Here, we’ll be going over a number of factors that you can use to ensure that you’re purchasing the best full synthetic transmission fluid for you.
Regardless of which type of item you’re looking to buy, chances are that there are existing buying guides on the internet, all of which aim to give you good full synthetic transmission fluid recommendations.
Despite these recommendations, however, it’s always a good idea to do your own research. In addition to this research, asking yourself the following questions is also super helpful:
- What features does the full synthetic transmission fluid need to have to be perfect for my needs?
- What is my budget?
- Do I need to purchase a certain brand?
Once you’ve answered these questions and have a good idea of what you’re looking for and the buying process becomes much easier. Keep in mind that when looking for the best product, there’s no need to rush. In fact, very rarely are the ideal products found by choosing the first one you see or by basing your decisions on only one factor. Take your time and enjoy the process!
Now, with the answers to the previous questions in mind, we urge you to use our upcoming buying guide for full synthetic transmission fluid to find what you’re looking for:
In some cases, the brand of full synthetic transmission fluid is very important. For example, if you’re looking for an item that works in tandem with another, you might very well need both products to be the same brand. If this is the case, it’s vital to pay attention to this factor, as choosing the wrong product can mean the difference between wasting your money and buying a great product that functions as it should.
The features in any given full synthetic transmission fluid are important because they can dictate which version of an item you need and how much money you need to spend. Consider all the key features that you want your item to have and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t check at least ¾ of your boxes.
Customer reviews about full synthetic transmission fluid are crucial – especially when you’re buying a product that costs a lot of money or serves a big importance. Luckily, most products can be found online, which means that it’s common for there to be scores of customer reviews from those who have already purchased any given product.
Pay attention to these reviews. Take note of the pros and cons that they mention, and factor these into your big decision. In some cases, you’ll be forced to sacrifice one con in order to gain a particular pro, but being aware of the potential con is going to be beneficial in either case.
Of course, quality is key. You don’t want to purchase a low-quality product. If you do, you run the risk of your item breaking, not working properly, or otherwise proving to be very disappointing, as well as a waste of money.
You can compare full synthetic transmission fluid quality by researching what your potential purchases are made from, contrasting the individual items against each other to discern which one is made of the best materials.
Warranty isn’t always going to be important, but it definitely can be. This is especially true if the item in question is tech-related or expensive. A good warranty will be valid for an extended time after purchase and cover a variety of problems ranging from item defects to random accidents, water damage, and other miscellaneous events that could ruin your product.
The quest to find the best full synthetic transmission fluid can be daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. It can be made much easier by asking yourself a few simple questions and then thinking critically about the items you want to buy. Consider their features, quality, brand, warranty, and customer reviews and you’re more likely to make a great purchase.