Sometimes it might be quite difficult to find the best exhaust sealant. With every niche market offering so many different products, it makes sense that this is the case.
Unfortunately, this very fact can make it incredibly difficult to find the item that best suits your needs, which is why we’ve put together this exhaust sealant buying guide.
Our 10 Favorites:
Best Exhaust Sealant Reviews:
Bestseller No. 1
Permatex 80335 Muffler and Tailpipe Sealer, 3 oz.
- Seals holes and leaks in mufflers, tailpipes and around joints
- Makes new installations more secure
- Waterproof, non-shrinking paste formula; shock resistant
- Temperature Range: up to 2000°F (1000°C)
- Suggested Applications: Mufflers, tailpipes, joints, and catalytic converters; exhaust system must be cool before applying
Bestseller No. 3
Permatex 81878 Ultra Copper Maximum Temperature RTV Silicone Gasket Maker, 3 oz. Tube
- Most advanced, high temp RTV silicone gasket available
- Three times more oil resistant than conventional silicones; eight times more flexible than cut gaskets
- Sensor-safe, low odor, and non-corrosive with superior adhesion
- Temperature range -75F to 700F intermittent
- Suggested Applications: Exhaust manifolds/headers, valve covers, oil pans, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings
SaleBestseller No. 4
Versachem Exhaust System Joint and Crack Sealer (00160)
- A special high-temperature joint sealing compound which is resistant to corrosive exhaust heat and gases.
- Can be forced into small openings and cracks
- Temperature Resistance: 1000ºF continuous, 1500ºF intermittent
SaleBestseller No. 5
Permatex 80697 Copper Spray-A-Gasket Hi-Temp Adhesive Sealant, 9 oz. net Aerosol Can , Orange
- Fast-drying, metallic copper spray adhesive/sealant helps to dissipate heat, prevents gasket burnout, and improves heat transfer
- Fills minor surface irregularities, fills hot spots and surface imperfections
- Resists all types of automotive fluids, especially gasoline
- Temperature Range: -50°F to 500°F (-45°C to 260°C)
- Suggested Applications: Cylinder head gaskets, exhaust manifold gaskets, and other high temperature applications
SaleBestseller No. 7
J-B Weld MufflerSeal Muffler Cement Plastic Tube 12 oz., Model Number: 37912
- J-B Weld Muffler Seal: MufflerSeal is an iron reinforced paste designed to seal mufflers, pipe joints and exhaust systems. MufflerSeal can resists up to 700 F.
- Cure Process: MufflerSeal can cure in two ways: By allowing the product to fully harden after it has been applied which can take up to 24 hours (time may vary based on cold or humid work environments) or MufflerSeal can be cured through heat application. You will be able to tell when the product is cured once it is hard.
- Projects: Mufflers, Pipe Joints and Exhaust Systems.
- Package Weight: 12.5 ounces
Bestseller No. 8
J-B Weld 37901 ExtremeHeat High Temperature Resistant Metallic Paste - 3 oz
- Jb Weld Extreme Heat: Is Formulated For Repairs To Iron, Steel And Metal In High Temperature Environments 1000°F / 537°C. Non-Flammable, It Contains No Solvents Or Volatile Organic Compounds (Vocs).
- The Original Cold Weld: Jb Weld Was Developed As An Alternative To Torch Welding. Designed To Be Effective In Extreme Environments, Once It Sets, It Creates A Permanent Bond Stronger Than Steel.
- Simple To Use: When Fully Cured, This Metallic Compound Can Be Drilled, Machined Or Sanded. It Is Great For Repairing Cracks, Small Gaps, Seam Connections Or Holes.
- Versatile & Dependable: Ideal For Repair Work On : Exhaust Manifolds, Pipe Connections, Mufflers, Catalytic Converters, Outdoor Grills, Fire Boxes, Gas And Commercial Furnaces And Water Heaters.
SaleBestseller No. 9
J-B Weld ExhaustWeld 2" x 72" Repair Wrap
- J-B WELD EXHAUSTWELD: A high strength fiberglass wrap, impregnated with a specially formulated resin for high temperature resistant repairs. ExhaustWeld can resist up to 1100°F once it is fully cured!
- CURE AND SET TIME: ExhaustWeld can cure with or without heat! It will cure within 20 minutes if heat is applied to it with either a heat gun or by letting the engine run. Without heat, ExhaustWeld will set in 20 minutes and cure in 2 hours.
- HIGH HEAT RESISTANCE: Once fully cured, J-B Weld ExhaustWeld Exhaust System Repair Wrap has a temperature resistance of 1100°F, allowing it to be used on every part of the exhaust system!
- APPLICATIONS: Manifolds, Catalytic Converters, Mufflers, Tailpipes and more!
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: The kit includes a pair of gloves and a .5" x 24" piece of aluminum tape!
Bestseller No. 10
Permatex 27038 Optimum Red High Temperature Gasket Maker 3.35 oz
- Maximum temperature performance
- OEM Specified, Sensor-safe, low odor, non-corrosive
- Non-flammable, non-toxic
- Can be used as a gasket maker or dressing and meets performance specs of OE silicone gaskets
- Top Job Applications: Header, manifold, slip-fit exhaust parts, turbocharge and withstands up to 750°F (399°C) intermittent
Last update on 2022-08-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to find the best exhaust sealant?
Here, we’ll be going over a number of factors that you can use to ensure that you’re purchasing the best exhaust sealant for you.
Regardless of which type of item you’re looking to buy, chances are that there are existing buying guides on the internet, all of which aim to give you good exhaust sealant recommendations.
Despite these recommendations, however, it’s always a good idea to do your own research. In addition to this research, asking yourself the following questions is also super helpful:
- What features does the exhaust sealant need to have to be perfect for my needs?
- What is my budget?
- Do I need to purchase a certain brand?
Once you’ve answered these questions and have a good idea of what you’re looking for and the buying process becomes much easier. Keep in mind that when looking for the best product, there’s no need to rush. In fact, very rarely are the ideal products found by choosing the first one you see or by basing your decisions on only one factor. Take your time and enjoy the process!
Now, with the answers to the previous questions in mind, we urge you to use our upcoming buying guide for exhaust sealant to find what you’re looking for:
In some cases, the brand of exhaust sealant is very important. For example, if you’re looking for an item that works in tandem with another, you might very well need both products to be the same brand. If this is the case, it’s vital to pay attention to this factor, as choosing the wrong product can mean the difference between wasting your money and buying a great product that functions as it should.
The features in any given exhaust sealant are important because they can dictate which version of an item you need and how much money you need to spend. Consider all the key features that you want your item to have and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t check at least ¾ of your boxes.
Customer reviews about exhaust sealant are crucial – especially when you’re buying a product that costs a lot of money or serves a big importance. Luckily, most products can be found online, which means that it’s common for there to be scores of customer reviews from those who have already purchased any given product.
Pay attention to these reviews. Take note of the pros and cons that they mention, and factor these into your big decision. In some cases, you’ll be forced to sacrifice one con in order to gain a particular pro, but being aware of the potential con is going to be beneficial in either case.
Of course, quality is key. You don’t want to purchase a low-quality product. If you do, you run the risk of your item breaking, not working properly, or otherwise proving to be very disappointing, as well as a waste of money.
You can compare exhaust sealant quality by researching what your potential purchases are made from, contrasting the individual items against each other to discern which one is made of the best materials.
Warranty isn’t always going to be important, but it definitely can be. This is especially true if the item in question is tech-related or expensive. A good warranty will be valid for an extended time after purchase and cover a variety of problems ranging from item defects to random accidents, water damage, and other miscellaneous events that could ruin your product.
The quest to find the best exhaust sealant can be daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. It can be made much easier by asking yourself a few simple questions and then thinking critically about the items you want to buy. Consider their features, quality, brand, warranty, and customer reviews and you’re more likely to make a great purchase.