Sometimes it might be quite difficult to find the best engine oil cleaner. With every niche market offering so many different products, it makes sense that this is the case.
Unfortunately, this very fact can make it incredibly difficult to find the item that best suits your needs, which is why we’ve put together this engine oil cleaner buying guide.
Our Top 10 Picks:
10 Best Engine Oil Cleaner Reviews:
Bestseller No. 1 Liqui Moly 2037 Pro-Line Engine Flush
- Easy way to clean and flush the oil systems of gasoline and diesel engines
- Gentle and rapid cleaning
- Neutral to seals and other materials installed in the engine
- Compatible with catalytic converters
- Simple to use
Bestseller No. 3 BG109 Compression Engine Performance Restore BG EPR
- softens and dissolves hard-to-remove deposits from piston rings
- cleans micro passageways to maintain the critical hydraulic function of components such as valve train actuators and turbochargers
- restores fuel economy and power
- prevents excessive oil loss
SaleBestseller No. 4 Oil Eater Original 32 oz All-Purpose Cleaner and Degreaser - Dissolve Grease & Oil Stains - Automotive, Kitchen and Outdoor – Pack of 2
- POWERFUL CLEANING: dissolves grease, oil and dirt from any washable surface, including kitchens, outdoor patios, floors & vehicles
- USDA APPROVED: for use at food service facilities (A1, A4, A8)
- BIODEGRADABLE FORMULA: no harsh solvents and is noncorrosive
- ULTRA CONCENTRATED: use for cleaning floors, walls, driveways, grills, exhausts, patios, outdoor furniture, tile, boats, automotive wheels, laundry prewash, parts cleaning, tools and carpet stains
- MULTI-USE: engine degreasing, stovetop cleaning, bbq grill cleaning, oil spot cleaning, laundry grease stains & more
Bestseller No. 5 Dura Lube HL-40831-06 Sludge Away Engine Cleaner, 32-Ounce, Single
- Reduces sludge buildup and prevents oil coking
- For repeated use, change oil every 3,000 miles on most passenger vehicles by substituting 1 quart of motor oil with Dura Lube Sludge Away. Continue using until sludge appears to be reducing. Check oil pan to review sludge consistency on discarded oil
- For more severe sludge build up, change the oil and add Sludge Away engine product every 1,000 miles
- Repeat application as needed until performance and oil color returns to normal; oil color should be amber to a dark brown, not black
- Sludge Away engine product works with all types of motor oils including high mileage and synthetics
Bestseller No. 6 Oil Eater Original 1 Gallon Cleaner, Degreaser - Dissolve Grease Oil and Heavy-Duty Stains – Professional Strength
- Powerful Cleaning: Dissolves Grease, Oil And Dirt From Any Washable Surface
- Usda Approved: For Use At Food Service Facilities (A1, A4, A8)
- Biodegradable Formula: No Harsh Solvents And Is Noncorrosive
- Ultra Concentrated: Use For Cleaning Floors, Walls, Driveways, Grills, Exhausts, Patios, Outdoor Furniture, Tile, Boats, Automotive Wheels, Laundry Prewash, Parts Cleaning, Tools And Carpet Stains
Bestseller No. 9 Oil Eater ORANGE Pro-Strength Cleaner and Degreaser - 32oz - For Grease, Tar, Adhesive, Grime - 2 PACK,AOA32119122PK
- PREMIUM ORANGE: Oil Eater's most powerful formula uses 3X MORE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS to dissolve oil, grease, tar, adhesive and other stubborn stains
- PRO STRENGTH: cleans kitchens, equipment, vehicles, wheels, tools, parts, home exteriors, RV's, concrete and more
- CITRUS: made with natural citrus oil for enhanced cleaning & a light citrus scent
- POWER SPRAY: applies formula consistently to surfaces for complete coverage, dissolving stubborn grease and oil
- MADE IN USA: trusted formula used by pros for the toughest jobs
SaleBestseller No. 10 ACDelco Gold UPF66R Specialty - Ultraguard Engine Oil Filter
- Some ACDelco Gold parts may have formerly appeared as ACDelco Professional
- Premium aftermarket replacement part
- Manufactured to meet specifications for fit, form, and function for General Motors vehicles as well as most makes and models
Last update on 2023-03-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to find the best engine oil cleaner?
Here, we’ll be going over a number of factors that you can use to ensure that you’re purchasing the best engine oil cleaner for you.
Regardless of which type of item you’re looking to buy, chances are that there are existing buying guides on the internet, all of which aim to give you good engine oil cleaner recommendations.
Despite these recommendations, however, it’s always a good idea to do your own research. In addition to this research, asking yourself the following questions is also super helpful:
- What features does the engine oil cleaner need to have to be perfect for my needs?
- What is my budget?
- Do I need to purchase a certain brand?
Once you’ve answered these questions and have a good idea of what you’re looking for and the buying process becomes much easier. Keep in mind that when looking for the best product, there’s no need to rush. In fact, very rarely are the ideal products found by choosing the first one you see or by basing your decisions on only one factor. Take your time and enjoy the process!
Now, with the answers to the previous questions in mind, we urge you to use our upcoming buying guide for engine oil cleaner to find what you’re looking for:
In some cases, the brand of engine oil cleaner is very important. For example, if you’re looking for an item that works in tandem with another, you might very well need both products to be the same brand. If this is the case, it’s vital to pay attention to this factor, as choosing the wrong product can mean the difference between wasting your money and buying a great product that functions as it should.
The features in any given engine oil cleaner are important because they can dictate which version of an item you need and how much money you need to spend. Consider all the key features that you want your item to have and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t check at least ¾ of your boxes.
Customer reviews about engine oil cleaner are crucial – especially when you’re buying a product that costs a lot of money or serves a big importance. Luckily, most products can be found online, which means that it’s common for there to be scores of customer reviews from those who have already purchased any given product.
Pay attention to these reviews. Take note of the pros and cons that they mention, and factor these into your big decision. In some cases, you’ll be forced to sacrifice one con in order to gain a particular pro, but being aware of the potential con is going to be beneficial in either case.
Of course, quality is key. You don’t want to purchase a low-quality product. If you do, you run the risk of your item breaking, not working properly, or otherwise proving to be very disappointing, as well as a waste of money.
You can compare engine oil cleaner quality by researching what your potential purchases are made from, contrasting the individual items against each other to discern which one is made of the best materials.
Warranty isn’t always going to be important, but it definitely can be. This is especially true if the item in question is tech-related or expensive. A good warranty will be valid for an extended time after purchase and cover a variety of problems ranging from item defects to random accidents, water damage, and other miscellaneous events that could ruin your product.
The quest to find the best engine oil cleaner can be daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. It can be made much easier by asking yourself a few simple questions and then thinking critically about the items you want to buy. Consider their features, quality, brand, warranty, and customer reviews and you’re more likely to make a great purchase.