Sometimes it might be quite difficult to find the best dot 4 brake fluid. With every niche market offering so many different products, it makes sense that this is the case.
Unfortunately, this very fact can make it incredibly difficult to find the item that best suits your needs, which is why we’ve put together this dot 4 brake fluid buying guide.
Our Best Picks:
10 Top Dot 4 Brake Fluid Reviews:
Bestseller No. 1 Prestone AS800Y DOT 4 Synthetic Brake Fluid - 12 oz.
- Recommended for all ABS, disc and drum brake systems as well as hydraulic clutches requiring DOT 3 and DOT 4 fluids
- Provides corrosion protection for all metals within the braking system
- Compatible with all conventional brake fluids
- Substantially reduces the possibility of fluid vaporization and eventual brake failure
- Excellent performance in high-temperature braking systems
Bestseller No. 2 Quicksilver 8M0128415 DOT 4 Brake Fluid – 12 Ounce
- PERFORMANCE – The 336⁰ F wet boil point and 521⁰ F dry boil point exceeds common characteristics for DOT 4 brake fluids
- PROTECTION – Provides corrosion protection in brake components
- PEACE OF MIND – Matches needs of all DOT 4 manufacturer recommendations
- HARSH CONDITIONS – Offers low level of compressibility
- FITS EVERYTHING – Compatible with all DOT 3 and DOT 4 applications
SaleBestseller No. 3 Johnsen's 5034 Premium Synthetic DOT-4 Brake Fluid - 1 Gallon
- Synthetic quality brake fluid
- Contains special ingredients to guard against vapor lock and moisture absorption
- Exceeds requirements for both DOT 3 and DOT 4 brake fluids
- Specially formulated for DOT 4 brake fluid applications
- Designed for use in disc, drum and ABS brake systems
Bestseller No. 4 LUCAS OIL 10827 Brake Fluid12 ounce
- High quality blend of polyethylene glycol ethers and additives
- Compatible with all brake system rubber components and other brake fluids
- Prevents seal hardening or softening
- Protects against rust and corrosion
Bestseller No. 5 Pentosin 1204116 Corrosion Resistant Super Dot 4 Brake Fluid; 1 Liter
- Pentosin Super DOT 4 is a brake fluid of superior quality for universal use in modern brake systems and ideal for vehicles with ABS systems
- Super DOT 4 offers safety against vapor lock, with excellent resistance to absorbing and retaining water, while providing superior corrosion resistance
- Pentosin Super DOT 4 brake fluid can be used in ALL vehicles that require DOT 4 fluid; 1 liter bottle - sold individually
- OE Reference Numbers: Audi/Volkswagen: B 000 700 A1, B 000 700 A3, B 000 700 A6; BMW/Mini: 81 22 9 407 510, 81 22 9 407 511, 81 22 9 407 512, 81 22 9 407 513; Land Rover: LRNDOT4; Mercedes-Benz: 000 989 08 07 10, 000 989 08 07 11, 000 989 08 07 19
- OE Reference Numbers (Continued): Porsche: 000 043 203 66, 000 043 203 67, 000 043 305 52
SaleBestseller No. 6 Bosch ESI6-32N Brake Fluid (Direct Replacement for DOT 3, DOT 4, and DOT 5.1) - 1 Quart
- High compatibility. Use with or direct replacement for DOT 3, DOT 4, and DOT 5. 1
- Extended Service Interval (ESI): Lasts 100% longer than DOT 3, 50% longer than DOT 4, and 10% longer than DOT 5. 1
- Exceeds all DOT 3, DOT 4, and DOT 5. 1 standards
- Wet boiling point ~ 365 DegreeF/Viscosity at -40 DegreeC ~ 685mm2/s
- Standard brake fluid has a recommended change interval of 2 years. The recommended change interval for Bosch ESI6 is 3 years.
SaleBestseller No. 7 ATE Original TYP 200 Racing Quality DOT 4 Brake Fluid, 1 Liter Can
- Minimal decrease of boiling point due to excellent water locking properties
- Non-foaming when filling and bleeding the brake system
- Excellent corrosion protection due to selected additives
- High safety tolerance against steam bubbles
- Makes brake fluid changing intervals of up to 3 years possible
SaleBestseller No. 9 Motorcraft PM20 Brake Fluid
- Package Weight : 15.3545981510212 pounds
- OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturers
- DOT 4 Low Viscosity
- Fit type: Universal
Bestseller No. 10 Castrol 12509 Dot 4 Brake Fluid (12 Oz)
- Unique formula engineered to provide outstanding performance in todays high temperature braking systems
- Provides optimum braking response
- Exceeds DOT3 and DOT4 specifications
- Mixes with other conventional brake fluids
- For case order 12
Last update on 2023-01-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to find the best dot 4 brake fluid?
Here, we’ll be going over a number of factors that you can use to ensure that you’re purchasing the best dot 4 brake fluid for you.
Regardless of which type of item you’re looking to buy, chances are that there are existing buying guides on the internet, all of which aim to give you good dot 4 brake fluid recommendations.
Despite these recommendations, however, it’s always a good idea to do your own research. In addition to this research, asking yourself the following questions is also super helpful:
- What features does the dot 4 brake fluid need to have to be perfect for my needs?
- What is my budget?
- Do I need to purchase a certain brand?
Once you’ve answered these questions and have a good idea of what you’re looking for and the buying process becomes much easier. Keep in mind that when looking for the best product, there’s no need to rush. In fact, very rarely are the ideal products found by choosing the first one you see or by basing your decisions on only one factor. Take your time and enjoy the process!
Now, with the answers to the previous questions in mind, we urge you to use our upcoming buying guide for dot 4 brake fluid to find what you’re looking for:
In some cases, the brand of dot 4 brake fluid is very important. For example, if you’re looking for an item that works in tandem with another, you might very well need both products to be the same brand. If this is the case, it’s vital to pay attention to this factor, as choosing the wrong product can mean the difference between wasting your money and buying a great product that functions as it should.
The features in any given dot 4 brake fluid are important because they can dictate which version of an item you need and how much money you need to spend. Consider all the key features that you want your item to have and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t check at least ¾ of your boxes.
Customer reviews about dot 4 brake fluid are crucial – especially when you’re buying a product that costs a lot of money or serves a big importance. Luckily, most products can be found online, which means that it’s common for there to be scores of customer reviews from those who have already purchased any given product.
Pay attention to these reviews. Take note of the pros and cons that they mention, and factor these into your big decision. In some cases, you’ll be forced to sacrifice one con in order to gain a particular pro, but being aware of the potential con is going to be beneficial in either case.
Of course, quality is key. You don’t want to purchase a low-quality product. If you do, you run the risk of your item breaking, not working properly, or otherwise proving to be very disappointing, as well as a waste of money.
You can compare dot 4 brake fluid quality by researching what your potential purchases are made from, contrasting the individual items against each other to discern which one is made of the best materials.
Warranty isn’t always going to be important, but it definitely can be. This is especially true if the item in question is tech-related or expensive. A good warranty will be valid for an extended time after purchase and cover a variety of problems ranging from item defects to random accidents, water damage, and other miscellaneous events that could ruin your product.
The quest to find the best dot 4 brake fluid can be daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. It can be made much easier by asking yourself a few simple questions and then thinking critically about the items you want to buy. Consider their features, quality, brand, warranty, and customer reviews and you’re more likely to make a great purchase.