Sometimes it might be quite difficult to find the best compact reciprocating saw. With every niche market offering so many different products, it makes sense that this is the case.
Unfortunately, this very fact can make it incredibly difficult to find the item that best suits your needs, which is why we’ve put together this compact reciprocating saw buying guide.
Our Favorite Picks:
|1|| || DEWALT ATOMIC 20V MAX* Reciprocating Saw, One-Handed, Cordless, Tool Only (DCS369B) || Check Price|
|2|| || VonHaus 5 Amp Compact Reciprocating Saw Kit Electric Saw with 8 Blades, ½” Stroke Length, Max.... || Check Price|
|3|| || DEWALT 20V Max Reciprocating Saw, Compact, Tool Only (DCS387B) || Check Price|
|4|| || DEWALT Reciprocating Saw, Compact, 12-Amp (DWE357) || Check Price|
|5|| || DEWALT DCS387B 20-volt MAX Compact Reciprocating Saw with Tool w/ DW4856 Metal/Woodcutting... || Check Price|
|6|| || Makita XRJ07ZB 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless Recipro Saw, Tool Only || Check Price|
|7|| || DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Reciprocating Saw, Compact, Tool Only (DCS367B) || Check Price|
|8|| || 18V ONE+ HP Compact Brushless One-Handed Reciprocating Saw || Check Price|
|9|| || DongCheng Reciprocating Saw, 20V MAX Cordless Brushless One-Handed Compact Reciprocating Saw kit... || Check Price|
|10|| || BOSCH PS60-102 12V Max Pocket Reciprocating Saw Kit with 2.5Ah Battery || Check Price|
The 10 Top Compact Reciprocating Saw Reviews:
Bestseller No. 2 VonHaus 5 Amp Compact Reciprocating Saw Kit Electric Saw with 8 Blades, ½” Stroke Length, Max. Cutting Capacity 4½”, 3000SPM and 16ft Cable, For DIYWood Cutting & Metal Cutting
- Compact size and small blade is ideal for gaining easy access in intricate spaces like treetops and shrubs - Cut through thick branches, metal, pipe, aluminum, brass, copper, plastic and more with the versatile 5 Amp reciprocating saw
- Rigid die-cast aluminium gear box and ergonomically positioned over-mould provides comfortable soft grip for easy handling. Lightweight at only 9.9lb.
- Includes 8 X quality wood cutting and metal blades to get started straight away. Tool-free blade changes for fast and easy changing
- 5-amp motor and ½” stroke length provides strength and control. Pressure sensitive trigger switch allows you to adjust the speed of the cut.
- Compact size and extra-long 16.4ft cable for unrestricted movement in tight, confined spaces. Size: L21.1" X W9.4" X H5.7”
SaleBestseller No. 3 DEWALT 20V Max Reciprocating Saw, Compact, Tool Only (DCS387B)
- With the compact and lightweight design, 14-inch in total length of DEWALT 20V reciprocating saw fits between studs and allows user to make cuts in confined spaces
- 4-position blade clamp allows for flush cutting and increased positional versatility with tool-free blade changes
- 1-1/8-inch stroke length delivers fast cutting speed
- Variable-speed trigger with 0-2,900 spm provides blade control for precision cuts
- Bright LED illuminates dark work areas for better visibility
SaleBestseller No. 4 DEWALT Reciprocating Saw, Compact, 12-Amp (DWE357)
- With the compact and lightweight design, the reciprocating saw featuring14.5-inch in total length fits between studs and allows user to make cuts in confined spaces
- The compact reciprocating saw has a lever-action, keyless blade clamp for quick and easy blade changes
- 4-position blade clamp allows for flush cutting and increased versatility
- Powerful 12 amp motor designed for heavy-duty applications
- 0-3,000 SPM and a 1- 1/8-inch stroke length for fast and efficient cutting
Bestseller No. 6 Makita XRJ07ZB 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless Recipro Saw, Tool Only
- Makita-built Brushless motor delivers 0-3, 000 strokes per minute combined with a 13/16" stroke length for faster and more efficient cutting
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 12-1/2" long
- Weighs only 5.7 lbs. With battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Ideal for working in tight spaces
- "Tool-less" blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
SaleBestseller No. 7 DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Reciprocating Saw, Compact, Tool Only (DCS367B)
- DEWALT 20V reciprocating saw has up to 2.5x more runtime
- Compact 14.5-inch length fits in between studs and in other tight spots
- Only 5 lbs. in weight (tool only)
- Keyless 4-Position Blade Clamp for quick and easy blade changes and cutting versatility
- 1-1/8-inch stroke length
SaleBestseller No. 9 DongCheng Reciprocating Saw, 20V MAX Cordless Brushless One-Handed Compact Reciprocating Saw kit with 4-Piece 6” Blades for Wood & Metal, 4.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery and Charger & Carry Bag, DCJF22
- 【High-Endurance and High-Torque Brushless Motor】Advanced brushless motor technology which delivers more runtime, higher power and longer lifetime provides up to 3000 SPM and 7/8’’ stroke length.
- 【Wide Application】Pivoting shoe provides constant contact with the work-piece resulting in smoother cuts with less bucking and vibration to meets the needs of the wide range of applications.
- 【High-Efficient Work】Tool-free blade release allows for quick and easy blade changes. Variable trigger allows for effective control and precision to increases the efficiency of the work.
- 【One-Handed Compact and Ergonomic Design】One-handed compact and lightweight design provides better access to tight and overhead workspaces. Ergonomic comfort grip for maximum control and stability.
- 【Improved Visibility】Built-in LED Work light illuminate workspace without an additional light source.
Bestseller No. 10 BOSCH PS60-102 12V Max Pocket Reciprocating Saw Kit with 2.5Ah Battery
- COMPACT: The Bosch PS60-102 Reciprocating Saw is compact and lightweight making it ideal for working in tight spaces. Its superior ergonomics allow for both one-handed use and overhead use.
- ROBUST: The PS60-102 reciprocating saw is tough enough to cut different types of materials including hard materials like copper and conduit. The tool also featured a fast motor brake for more safe and accurate cutting.
- PROTECTION: The PS60-102 features a complete protection system including protection from overheating and overloading as well as under voltage protection. Electronic Cell Protection offers linger tool life and run time.
- DURABLE: With a durable design and a front rubber wrap, the reciprocating saw provides protection for internal parts from dust, debris, and water. Its bumper design minimizes vibration.
- CONVENIENT: The PS60-102 reciprocating saw comes complete with an LED light to effectively illuminate dark work spaces as well as a battery fuel gauge to indicate capacity level.Speed:0-3,600
Last update on 2023-02-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to find the best compact reciprocating saw?
Here, we’ll be going over a number of factors that you can use to ensure that you’re purchasing the best compact reciprocating saw for you.
Regardless of which type of item you’re looking to buy, chances are that there are existing buying guides on the internet, all of which aim to give you good compact reciprocating saw recommendations.
Despite these recommendations, however, it’s always a good idea to do your own research. In addition to this research, asking yourself the following questions is also super helpful:
- What features does the compact reciprocating saw need to have to be perfect for my needs?
- What is my budget?
- Do I need to purchase a certain brand?
Once you’ve answered these questions and have a good idea of what you’re looking for and the buying process becomes much easier. Keep in mind that when looking for the best product, there’s no need to rush. In fact, very rarely are the ideal products found by choosing the first one you see or by basing your decisions on only one factor. Take your time and enjoy the process!
Now, with the answers to the previous questions in mind, we urge you to use our upcoming buying guide for compact reciprocating saw to find what you’re looking for:
In some cases, the brand of compact reciprocating saw is very important. For example, if you’re looking for an item that works in tandem with another, you might very well need both products to be the same brand. If this is the case, it’s vital to pay attention to this factor, as choosing the wrong product can mean the difference between wasting your money and buying a great product that functions as it should.
The features in any given compact reciprocating saw are important because they can dictate which version of an item you need and how much money you need to spend. Consider all the key features that you want your item to have and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t check at least ¾ of your boxes.
Customer reviews about compact reciprocating saw are crucial – especially when you’re buying a product that costs a lot of money or serves a big importance. Luckily, most products can be found online, which means that it’s common for there to be scores of customer reviews from those who have already purchased any given product.
Pay attention to these reviews. Take note of the pros and cons that they mention, and factor these into your big decision. In some cases, you’ll be forced to sacrifice one con in order to gain a particular pro, but being aware of the potential con is going to be beneficial in either case.
Of course, quality is key. You don’t want to purchase a low-quality product. If you do, you run the risk of your item breaking, not working properly, or otherwise proving to be very disappointing, as well as a waste of money.
You can compare compact reciprocating saw quality by researching what your potential purchases are made from, contrasting the individual items against each other to discern which one is made of the best materials.
Warranty isn’t always going to be important, but it definitely can be. This is especially true if the item in question is tech-related or expensive. A good warranty will be valid for an extended time after purchase and cover a variety of problems ranging from item defects to random accidents, water damage, and other miscellaneous events that could ruin your product.
The quest to find the best compact reciprocating saw can be daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. It can be made much easier by asking yourself a few simple questions and then thinking critically about the items you want to buy. Consider their features, quality, brand, warranty, and customer reviews and you’re more likely to make a great purchase.