Sometimes it might be quite difficult to find the best band saw. With every niche market offering so many different products, it makes sense that this is the case.
Unfortunately, this very fact can make it incredibly difficult to find the item that best suits your needs, which is why we’ve put together this band saw buying guide.
Our Top 10 Recommendations:
|1|| || WEN 9-Inch Band Saw, 2.8-Amp Benchtop (BA3959) || Check Price|
|2|| || WEN Band Saw with Stand, 10-Inch, 3.5-Amp, Two-Speed (BA3962),Black || Check Price|
|3|| || RIKON 10-305 Bandsaw With Fence, 10-Inch || Check Price|
|4|| || SKIL 2.8 Amp 9 In. 2-Speed Benchtop Band Saw for Woodworking - BW9501-00 || Check Price|
|5|| || JET JWBS-14SFX, 14-Inch Woodworking Bandsaw, 1-3/4HP, 1Ph 115/230V (714400K) || Check Price|
|6|| || WEN Portable Band Saw for Metal, 10-Amp, Variable Speed, Handheld (94396) || Check Price|
|7|| || Woodskil 3A 9-Inch Band Saw,2500FPM & 1720RPM Low Noise Induction Motor Bandsaw Anti-Shake with... || Check Price|
|8|| || Ryobi BS904G 9" BANDSAW Green || Check Price|
|9|| || Grizzly Industrial G0948 10" 1/2 HP Bandsaw || Check Price|
|10|| || DEWALT 20V MAX* Portable Band Saw, Tool Only (DCS371B) || Check Price|
Best Band Saw Reviews:
Bestseller No. 1 WEN 9-Inch Band Saw, 2.8-Amp Benchtop (BA3959)
- 2.8-amp motor rotates the blade up to 2500 feet per minute
- Create cuts up to 3-1/2 inches deep and 9 inches wide
- Uses 59-1/2-inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 3/8 inches in size
- Spacious 12-1/4 x 11-7/8-inch work table bevels up to 45 degrees
- Includes a 1/4-inch-wide blade, a 2-1/2-inch dust port, a rip fence, a miter gauge, an adjustable blade guard with ball-bearing supports, and a 2-year warranty
Bestseller No. 2 WEN Band Saw with Stand, 10-Inch, 3.5-Amp, Two-Speed (BA3962),Black
- 3.5 amp motor creates cuts up to six inches deep and 9-3/4 inches wide
- Uses 72-inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 1/2 inches in size
- Spacious 14-1/8 x 12-1/2 inch cast aluminum work table bevels up to 45 degrees
- Operates at two speeds of either 1520 or 2620 FPM
- Includes a 2-year warranty, a work light, a 3-in-1 dust port, a fence, a miter gauge, and a 3/8-inch blade (6 TPI)
Bestseller No. 3 RIKON 10-305 Bandsaw With Fence, 10-Inch
- Solid Steel Design- The 10-305 is a scaled down version of the popular 10-345 and 10-325. Frame is made of steel plate, stronger than plastic frames used by other manufactures
- Cast Iron Table-Large 13-3/4-Inch by 12-1/2-Inch sturdy work surface, a feature not typically found on a bandsaw of this size
- Rip Fence- A quality rip fence is now included. Easily removed to do free hand work
- Motor - 1/3HP motor provides ample power for cutting bowl and pen blanks
- Micro Adjustable Guide Post- Raise and lower the guide post height with the turn of a handle
Bestseller No. 4 SKIL 2.8 Amp 9 In. 2-Speed Benchtop Band Saw for Woodworking - BW9501-00
- POWERFUL 2.8 AMP INDUCTION MOTOR—Rip through a variety of wood materials with the 2.8 amp induction motor
- 2-SPEED DRIVE SYSTEM—Allows tool-free belt tensioning
- QUICK BLADE TENSION SETTING—Set blade tension quickly and accurately for clean cuts
- PRECISION BALL BEARING AND LOWER BLADE GUIDES—Ensure consistent tracking for accurate cutting performance
- RACK AND PINION TABLE ADJUSTMENT—Makes quick angle adjustments
Bestseller No. 5 JET JWBS-14SFX, 14-Inch Woodworking Bandsaw, 1-3/4HP, 1Ph 115/230V (714400K)
- Large Work Piece Support: 360 sq. in. cast iron worktable and 13" resaw capacity, so you can tackle more ambitious projects
- Heavy Duty Design: Large cast wheels provide a smooth and controlled cut
- Efficient Dust Collection: Dual 4" dust ports
- Accurate Cutting: Larger, machined aluminum fence surface with easily visible measurements
- Greater Durability: Robust stamped steel doors with welded steel pin hinges
Bestseller No. 6 WEN Portable Band Saw for Metal, 10-Amp, Variable Speed, Handheld (94396)
- Huge cutting capacity makes cuts up to 5 inches wide and 5 inches deep
- Variable speed operation adjusts the blade speed anywhere from 60 to 420 feet per minute
- Powerful 10-amp motor glides through metal, plastics, and more
- Lightweight portable design weighs in at a mere 14.5 pounds
- Features a 10/14 TPI metal-cutting blade, an adjustable front handle, ball-bearing blade guides, an external blade tensioning lever, and a two-year warranty
SaleBestseller No. 7 Woodskil 3A 9-Inch Band Saw,2500FPM & 1720RPM Low Noise Induction Motor Bandsaw Anti-Shake with Steel Base and Cast Aluminum Table,Removable Safety Key,Benchtop Band Saw with Fence and Miter Gauge.
- Powerful and Efficient - 3A powerful low noise induction motor band saw with 2500FPM blade speed and 1720RPM motor speed. The band saw adopts heat dissipation system to extend the service life. You don't have to worry about cutting back and forth due to low power, and the cutting surface is neat. It can slow down the vibration more than the ordinary band saw.
- Sharp and Quick - The blade size of bandsaw is length: 59-1/2 inches, width: 1/8 ~ 3/8 inches. The maximum cutting depth is 3-1/2 inches, and the maximum cutting width is 9 inches.With strong and sharp blade and powerful 3A induction motor, band saw can cut different types of wood and soft metal accurately and quickly at the speed of 1720RPM.
- Accurate and Multi Angle - Band Saws for Wood has a sturdy cast aluminum table tilting from 0°to 45°with 120°miter gauge. Rip fence for straight, accurate cuts. Band saw can cut straight line, curve and multi angle, which is an ideal choice for woodworking. Bandsaw for woodworking table size: 12-5/16" x 11-7/8".
- Safe and Stable - Double safety switch forms a double security protection. Removing the safety lock when not in use ensures safety. Sturdy steel base to prevent any heavy vibration. 2-1/2" dust exhaust port and dust brush of saw wheel make your jobsite cleaner, reduce dust inhalation, and extend the service life of the band saw.
- Warranty: Woodskil always puts quality and customer satisfaction at the core, we will provide 2 years warranty, if you have any question, please feel free to contact us! Tip：for your safety and smarter use of this product, please read the manul carefully before use, and be sure to keep the manul.
SaleBestseller No. 8 Ryobi BS904G 9" BANDSAW Green
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
Bestseller No. 9 Grizzly Industrial G0948 10" 1/2 HP Bandsaw
- Extruded aluminum fence for ripping normal workpieces or resawing veneers
- Combination 2", 3", 4" dust port
- Steel stand with vibration-resistant rubber feet
- 0–45° Table tilt for easy miters
- Two-speed cutting options
SaleBestseller No. 10 DEWALT 20V MAX* Portable Band Saw, Tool Only (DCS371B)
- 2-1/2-inch cut capacity of the metal band saw cuts up to 2-inch SCH 40 pipe
- Centered handle position of the portable band saw provides superior balance and ergonomics and allows for more accurate cuts and less user fatigue
- LED Work Light with 20 second delay illuminates dark work surfaces for accurate cutting of DEWALT band saw.
- Integrated hang hook allows user to hang the saw without damaging the front handle or base
- Blade tracking adjustment increases blade life by providing better blade tracking
Last update on 2023-06-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to find the best band saw?
Here, we’ll be going over a number of factors that you can use to ensure that you’re purchasing the best band saw for you.
Regardless of which type of item you’re looking to buy, chances are that there are existing buying guides on the internet, all of which aim to give you good band saw recommendations.
Despite these recommendations, however, it’s always a good idea to do your own research. In addition to this research, asking yourself the following questions is also super helpful:
- What features does the band saw need to have to be perfect for my needs?
- What is my budget?
- Do I need to purchase a certain brand?
Once you’ve answered these questions and have a good idea of what you’re looking for and the buying process becomes much easier. Keep in mind that when looking for the best product, there’s no need to rush. In fact, very rarely are the ideal products found by choosing the first one you see or by basing your decisions on only one factor. Take your time and enjoy the process!
Now, with the answers to the previous questions in mind, we urge you to use our upcoming buying guide for band saw to find what you’re looking for:
In some cases, the brand of band saw is very important. For example, if you’re looking for an item that works in tandem with another, you might very well need both products to be the same brand. If this is the case, it’s vital to pay attention to this factor, as choosing the wrong product can mean the difference between wasting your money and buying a great product that functions as it should.
The features in any given band saw are important because they can dictate which version of an item you need and how much money you need to spend. Consider all the key features that you want your item to have and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t check at least ¾ of your boxes.
Customer reviews about band saw are crucial – especially when you’re buying a product that costs a lot of money or serves a big importance. Luckily, most products can be found online, which means that it’s common for there to be scores of customer reviews from those who have already purchased any given product.
Pay attention to these reviews. Take note of the pros and cons that they mention, and factor these into your big decision. In some cases, you’ll be forced to sacrifice one con in order to gain a particular pro, but being aware of the potential con is going to be beneficial in either case.
Of course, quality is key. You don’t want to purchase a low-quality product. If you do, you run the risk of your item breaking, not working properly, or otherwise proving to be very disappointing, as well as a waste of money.
You can compare band saw quality by researching what your potential purchases are made from, contrasting the individual items against each other to discern which one is made of the best materials.
Warranty isn’t always going to be important, but it definitely can be. This is especially true if the item in question is tech-related or expensive. A good warranty will be valid for an extended time after purchase and cover a variety of problems ranging from item defects to random accidents, water damage, and other miscellaneous events that could ruin your product.
The quest to find the best band saw can be daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. It can be made much easier by asking yourself a few simple questions and then thinking critically about the items you want to buy. Consider their features, quality, brand, warranty, and customer reviews and you’re more likely to make a great purchase.