Sometimes it might be quite difficult to find the best 5w20 synthetic motor oil. With every niche market offering so many different products, it makes sense that this is the case.
Unfortunately, this very fact can make it incredibly difficult to find the item that best suits your needs, which is why we’ve put together this 5w20 synthetic motor oil buying guide.
Our Top 10 Recommendations:
|1|| || Castrol GTX Full Synthetic 5W-20 Motor Oil, 5 Quart Jug || Check Price|
|2|| || Mobil Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20, 5 Quart || Check Price|
|3|| || Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20, 5 Quart || Check Price|
|4|| || Ford MOTORCRAFT - Oil - Engine (XO5W205Q3SP) || Check Price|
|5|| || Amazon Basics High Mileage Motor Oil, Full Synthetic, SN Plus, 5W-20, 5 Quart || Check Price|
|6|| || Castrol 03083 Edge 5W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Quart || Check Price|
|7|| || Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic SAE 5W-20 Motor Oil 5 QT (Packaging May Vary) || Check Price|
|8|| || Quaker State 550044965 Motor Oil, Synthetic Blend 5W-20 (5-Quart, Single Pack) || Check Price|
|9|| || Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-20 Motor Oil (5 Quart, Single Pack) || Check Price|
|10|| || Valvoline High Mileage with MaxLife Technology SAE 5W-20 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil 5 QT || Check Price|
10 Best 5W20 Synthetic Motor Oil Reviews:
Bestseller No. 1 Castrol GTX Full Synthetic 5W-20 Motor Oil, 5 Quart Jug
- Castrol GTX Full Synthetic Motor Oil provides maximum protection to help fight the impact of severe conditions that can potentially shorten engine life
- Castrol GTX Full Synthetic has been proven to dramatically reduce engine wear - 6X better than the industry standard
- 1.3X better sludge protection than industry standards
- Full synthetic formula provides thermal and oxidation stability with a superior level of protection against viscosity breakdown
- Specifications: API SP/SN PLUS/SN, ILSAC GF-6, Meets Ford WSS-M2C947-B1
Bestseller No. 2 Mobil Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20, 5 Quart
- Mobil Full Synthetic 5W-20 motor oil is formulated for vehicles upgrading from conventional oil or synthetic blend, or requiring full synthetic motor oil
- Provides guaranteed protection that's 1.5X longer than our conventional and synthetic blend oils, up to 7,500 miles between oil changes*
- Helps to prevent sludge and deposit formation, to help reduce engine wear, and has balanced additive system formulation
- Provides excellent resistance to oil breakdown, for proven long-lasting protection, and maintains oil viscosity at high operating temperatures
- Recommended for all types of gasoline-powered vehicles, including those with turbocharged engines, and meets API SP resource-conserving
Bestseller No. 3 Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-20, 5 Quart
- Mobil 1 advanced full synthetic motor oil 5W-20 helps to protect your engine from the five factors that can damage engines over time
- Helps to protect critical engine parts for up to 10,000 miles between oil changes*, controlling oxidation to prevent oil breakdown and maintaining excellent viscosity
- Meets ILSAC GF-6 standards to help provide low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) and timing chain wear protection while keeping your engine clean and helping to improve your fuel economy
- Helps extend engine life by working to prevent damaging deposits and sludge buildup
- Provides excellent internal engine heat protection (up to 500 degrees F) and low temperature protection (to -30 degrees F)
SaleBestseller No. 4 Ford MOTORCRAFT - Oil - Engine (XO5W205Q3SP)
- Leading Manufacturer Of High-Quality Products
- International Renown For Our Diverse Range Of Award-Winning Products
- Fully Equipped With State-Of-The-Art Technology
- All Products Have Been Designed With The Professional In Mind
- Constantly Modernizing Our Powerful Devices To Meet The Demands Of The Modern User
Bestseller No. 5 Amazon Basics High Mileage Motor Oil, Full Synthetic, SN Plus, 5W-20, 5 Quart
- For best performance, follow the manufacturer's recommendations in your vehicle owner’s manual.
- Ideal for engines over 75,000 miles and for longer drain intervals
- Helps prevent build up that can cause rust and corrosion
- Reduces friction for less engine wear
- High resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown
SaleBestseller No. 6 Castrol 03083 Edge 5W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Quart
- Advanced Premium Full Synthetic Motor Oil To Offer Strength Under Extreme Pressure
- Titanium Strong For Maximum Engine Performance
- Reduces Metal-To-Metal Contact Across A Range Of Different Driving Speeds
- Protects The Engine For The Entire Drain Interval Even Under Extreme Pressure
SaleBestseller No. 7 Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic SAE 5W-20 Motor Oil 5 QT (Packaging May Vary)
- ADVANCED PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear friction heat and deposits
- 40% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION vs. industry standard as tested in the Sequence IVB engine test
- 25% BETTER DEPOSIT PROTECTION with superior engine cleaning detergents as tested in the GMOD engine test
- EXCEPTIONAL HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE PROTECTION defends your motor no matter the weather conditions
- MEETS OR EXCEEDS ALL REQUIREMENTS of ILSAC GF-6A, API SP, API SN with SN PLUS, API SN
Bestseller No. 8 Quaker State 550044965 Motor Oil, Synthetic Blend 5W-20 (5-Quart, Single Pack)
- Synthetic blend 5W-20 engine oil that provides durable wear protection and reduces engine wear
- Provides corrosion protection against harmful acids generated by engine contaminants
- Maintains viscosity from start to finish, providing optimal oil film protection
- Helps engines survive daily commutes from high-speed highway operation to repetitive, stop-and-go driving
- Combats engine sludge and deposits
Bestseller No. 9 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-20 Motor Oil (5 Quart, Single Pack)
- Full synthetic 5W-20 engine oil made from natural gas, not crude, using Pennzoil's patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus Technology
- No other leading motor oil provides better wear protection for your engine (Based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30)
- Helps protect engines from loss of power and provides better fuel economy—drive on average an extra 550 miles per year (versus a dirty engine)
- Keeps pistons dramatically cleaner than required by the toughest industry standards (Based on ILSAC GF-6 and Sequence IIIH piston deposit test using SAE 5W-30)
- Delivers unsurpassed sludge protection to help keep high-performance and luxury car engines as close as possible to factory clean (Based on Sequence VH Sludge Test using SAE 5W-20)
SaleBestseller No. 10 Valvoline High Mileage with MaxLife Technology SAE 5W-20 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil 5 QT
- MAXLIFE TECHNOLOGY PREVENTS engine breakdown with 40% better wear protection than the industry standard
- REFRESH AGING SEALS AND PREVENT LEAKS with seal conditioners
- REDUCE SLUDGE, DEPOSITS, CORROSION, AND RUST with added detergents – keep motors clean inside
- ENHANCED FRICTION PERFORMANCE HELPS MAXIMIZE POWER with advanced friction-fighting agents
- MEETS OR EXCEEDS ALL REQUIREMENTS of ILSAC GF-6A, API SP, API SN with SN PLUS, API SN
Last update on 2023-03-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to find the best 5w20 synthetic motor oil?
Here, we’ll be going over a number of factors that you can use to ensure that you’re purchasing the best 5w20 synthetic motor oil for you.
Regardless of which type of item you’re looking to buy, chances are that there are existing buying guides on the internet, all of which aim to give you good 5w20 synthetic motor oil recommendations.
Despite these recommendations, however, it’s always a good idea to do your own research. In addition to this research, asking yourself the following questions is also super helpful:
- What features does the 5w20 synthetic motor oil need to have to be perfect for my needs?
- What is my budget?
- Do I need to purchase a certain brand?
Once you’ve answered these questions and have a good idea of what you’re looking for and the buying process becomes much easier. Keep in mind that when looking for the best product, there’s no need to rush. In fact, very rarely are the ideal products found by choosing the first one you see or by basing your decisions on only one factor. Take your time and enjoy the process!
Now, with the answers to the previous questions in mind, we urge you to use our upcoming buying guide for 5w20 synthetic motor oil to find what you’re looking for:
In some cases, the brand of 5w20 synthetic motor oil is very important. For example, if you’re looking for an item that works in tandem with another, you might very well need both products to be the same brand. If this is the case, it’s vital to pay attention to this factor, as choosing the wrong product can mean the difference between wasting your money and buying a great product that functions as it should.
The features in any given 5w20 synthetic motor oil are important because they can dictate which version of an item you need and how much money you need to spend. Consider all the key features that you want your item to have and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t check at least ¾ of your boxes.
Customer reviews about 5w20 synthetic motor oil are crucial – especially when you’re buying a product that costs a lot of money or serves a big importance. Luckily, most products can be found online, which means that it’s common for there to be scores of customer reviews from those who have already purchased any given product.
Pay attention to these reviews. Take note of the pros and cons that they mention, and factor these into your big decision. In some cases, you’ll be forced to sacrifice one con in order to gain a particular pro, but being aware of the potential con is going to be beneficial in either case.
Of course, quality is key. You don’t want to purchase a low-quality product. If you do, you run the risk of your item breaking, not working properly, or otherwise proving to be very disappointing, as well as a waste of money.
You can compare 5w20 synthetic motor oil quality by researching what your potential purchases are made from, contrasting the individual items against each other to discern which one is made of the best materials.
Warranty isn’t always going to be important, but it definitely can be. This is especially true if the item in question is tech-related or expensive. A good warranty will be valid for an extended time after purchase and cover a variety of problems ranging from item defects to random accidents, water damage, and other miscellaneous events that could ruin your product.
The quest to find the best 5w20 synthetic motor oil can be daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. It can be made much easier by asking yourself a few simple questions and then thinking critically about the items you want to buy. Consider their features, quality, brand, warranty, and customer reviews and you’re more likely to make a great purchase.