Sometimes it might be quite difficult to find the best 12-inch drill press. With every niche market offering so many different products, it makes sense that this is the case.
Unfortunately, this very fact can make it incredibly difficult to find the item that best suits your needs, which is why we’ve put together this 12-inch drill press buying guide.
Our 10 Best Picks:
|1|| || WEN 4214T 5-Amp 12-Inch Variable Speed Cast Iron Benchtop Drill Press with Laser and Work Light || Check Price|
|2|| || JET JWDP-12, 12-Inch Benchtop Drill Press, 1/2HP, 1Ph 115V (716000) || Check Price|
|3|| || WEN DPA2412T 24 in. x 12 in. Drill Press Table with an Adjustable Fence and Stop Block || Check Price|
|4|| || GENERAL INTERNATIONAL 12" Commercial Benchtop Drill Press - Variable Speed Drilling Machine with... || Check Price|
|5|| || JET JDP-17, 17-Inch Drill Press, 16-Speed, 1Ph 115V (716300) & Steelex D2493 Drill Press Clamp,... || Check Price|
|6|| || WEN DPA2513 24-by-12-Inch Drill Press Table with an Adjustable Fence and Stop Block || Check Price|
|7|| || WEN 430DPC Drill Press Clamp, 12" || Check Price|
|8|| || Rikon 12 inch Variable Speed Drill Press || Check Price|
|9|| || DEWALT 8V MAX Cordless Screwdriver, Gyroscopic, Rechargeable, Battery Included (DCF682N1),Black || Check Price|
|10|| || Lutron Caseta Wireless Pedestal for Pico Smart Remote, L-PED1-WH, White || Check Price|
10 Top 12-Inch Drill Press Reviews:
SaleBestseller No. 1 WEN 4214T 5-Amp 12-Inch Variable Speed Cast Iron Benchtop Drill Press with Laser and Work Light
- Features a 5-amp induction motor, a 12-inch swing, and a 3-1/8-inch spindle travel
- Adjust the mechanical variable speed anywhere from 580 to 3200 RPM
- Digital speed readout displays current RPM of the machine for maximum precision
- Includes a Class IIIA 2.5mW laser, overhead light, adjustable depth stop, table roller extension, beveling 9-1/2 by 9-1/2-inch work table, 5/8-inch capacity keyed chuck, a chuck key with onboard storage, and a two-year warranty
- Measures in at 16.8 by 13.5 by 36.6 inches in size with a weight of 85 pounds
SaleBestseller No. 2 JET JWDP-12, 12-Inch Benchtop Drill Press, 1/2HP, 1Ph 115V (716000)
- Compact Profile: 10" x 16-1/8" cast iron base fits neatly on benches with limited space
- Ease of Use: Oversized, ergonomic knobs
- Drilling Accuracy: X-shaped XACTA Laser ensures perfection every time
- Increased Visibility: LED work light increases visibility for intricate applications
- Extra Support: Retractable roller extension provides support and quick work piece adjustment
Bestseller No. 5 JET JDP-17, 17-Inch Drill Press, 16-Speed, 1Ph 115V (716300) & Steelex D2493 Drill Press Clamp, 12-Inch
- Product 1: ACCOMMODATE ANY PROJECT: 14" x 19" precision-ground work table features twin T-slot grooves and four table slots.
- Product 1: RAPID SPEED CHANGES: One-handed belt tensioning.
- Product 1: SAFETY AND CONVENIENCE: Power switch features a safety key and large, paddle-style off button.
- Product 1: REPEAT DRILLING: Integrated depth stop makes repetitive drilling quick and easy.
- Product 2: Country Of Origin: China
SaleBestseller No. 6 WEN DPA2513 24-by-12-Inch Drill Press Table with an Adjustable Fence and Stop Block
- Expand your drill press workspace; compatible with the entire WEN Drill Press series
- Spacious table measures in at 23-7/8 x 11-7/8 x 1 inches
- Unique design provides clearance for the drill press’ table height adjustment crank
- Adjustable fence and stop block paired with the onboard rulers allow for precise and uniform drilling
Bestseller No. 7 WEN 430DPC Drill Press Clamp, 12"
- Clamp boards up to 5 inches thick
- Featuring a 3.5-inch throat
- Tension adjustment knob changes the strength of the clamp’s grasp
- Fastens easily to drill press table slots with a quick release lever for simple disengagement
- Compatible with any WEN drill press ten inches or larger
Bestseller No. 9 DEWALT 8V MAX Cordless Screwdriver, Gyroscopic, Rechargeable, Battery Included (DCF682N1),Black
- The cordless screwdriver features motion activation variable speed and reversing control for precise fastening control
- Motion activated variable speed 0-430 rpm of the rechargeable screwdriver is made for fastening into wood, plastic, and light-gauge metal
- The powered screwdriver allows illumination in confined areas without shadowing
- Battery charge status on tool notifies when to charge packs
- 1/4-inch hex allows for quick screwdriver bit change and holds 1-inch bit tips
Last update on 2023-06-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to find the best 12-inch drill press?
Here, we’ll be going over a number of factors that you can use to ensure that you’re purchasing the best 12-inch drill press for you.
Regardless of which type of item you’re looking to buy, chances are that there are existing buying guides on the internet, all of which aim to give you good 12-inch drill press recommendations.
Despite these recommendations, however, it’s always a good idea to do your own research. In addition to this research, asking yourself the following questions is also super helpful:
- What features does the 12-inch drill press need to have to be perfect for my needs?
- What is my budget?
- Do I need to purchase a certain brand?
Once you’ve answered these questions and have a good idea of what you’re looking for and the buying process becomes much easier. Keep in mind that when looking for the best product, there’s no need to rush. In fact, very rarely are the ideal products found by choosing the first one you see or by basing your decisions on only one factor. Take your time and enjoy the process!
Now, with the answers to the previous questions in mind, we urge you to use our upcoming buying guide for 12-inch drill press to find what you’re looking for:
In some cases, the brand of 12-inch drill press is very important. For example, if you’re looking for an item that works in tandem with another, you might very well need both products to be the same brand. If this is the case, it’s vital to pay attention to this factor, as choosing the wrong product can mean the difference between wasting your money and buying a great product that functions as it should.
The features in any given 12-inch drill press are important because they can dictate which version of an item you need and how much money you need to spend. Consider all the key features that you want your item to have and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t check at least ¾ of your boxes.
Customer reviews about 12-inch drill press are crucial – especially when you’re buying a product that costs a lot of money or serves a big importance. Luckily, most products can be found online, which means that it’s common for there to be scores of customer reviews from those who have already purchased any given product.
Pay attention to these reviews. Take note of the pros and cons that they mention, and factor these into your big decision. In some cases, you’ll be forced to sacrifice one con in order to gain a particular pro, but being aware of the potential con is going to be beneficial in either case.
Of course, quality is key. You don’t want to purchase a low-quality product. If you do, you run the risk of your item breaking, not working properly, or otherwise proving to be very disappointing, as well as a waste of money.
You can compare 12-inch drill press quality by researching what your potential purchases are made from, contrasting the individual items against each other to discern which one is made of the best materials.
Warranty isn’t always going to be important, but it definitely can be. This is especially true if the item in question is tech-related or expensive. A good warranty will be valid for an extended time after purchase and cover a variety of problems ranging from item defects to random accidents, water damage, and other miscellaneous events that could ruin your product.
The quest to find the best 12-inch drill press can be daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. It can be made much easier by asking yourself a few simple questions and then thinking critically about the items you want to buy. Consider their features, quality, brand, warranty, and customer reviews and you’re more likely to make a great purchase.