Sometimes it might be quite difficult to find the best 0w 20 synthetic oil. With every niche market offering so many different products, it makes sense that this is the case.
Unfortunately, this very fact can make it incredibly difficult to find the item that best suits your needs, which is why we’ve put together this 0w 20 synthetic oil buying guide.
Our 10 Recommendations:
10 Best 0W 20 Synthetic Oil Reviews:
Bestseller No. 1 Castrol GTX Full Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil, 5 Quarts
- Superior wear protection on critical engine parts
- 6X better wear protection than industry standards, as measured in the latest Sequence IVA test
- Superior sludge cleaning and protection against new formation
- 1.3X better sludge protection than industry standards, as measured in Sequence VH sludge test vs. API SP limits
- Full synthetic formula provides thermal and oxidation stability
SaleBestseller No. 2 Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20, 5 Quart
- Mobil 1 Extended Performance full-synthetic motor oil 0W-20 helps protect critical engine parts for up to 20,000 miles between oil changes,* controlling oxidation to prevent oil breakdown and maintaining excellent viscosity
- Utilizes Mobil 1’s Triple Action+ Formula to combine outstanding engine performance, protection, and cleanliness with the added benefit of power
- Meets ILSAC GF-6 standards to help provide low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) and timing chain wear protection while keeping your engine clean and helping to improve your fuel economy
- Helps extend engine life by working to prevent damaging deposits and sludge buildup
- Provides excellent internal engine heat protection (up to 500 degrees F) and low temperature protection (to -40 degrees F)
Bestseller No. 3 Mobil Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20, 5 Quart
- Mobil Full Synthetic 0W-20 motor oil is formulated for vehicles upgrading from conventional oil or synthetic blend, or requiring full synthetic motor oil
- Provides guaranteed protection that's 1.5X longer than our conventional and synthetic blend oils, up to 7,500 miles between oil changes
- Helps to prevent sludge and deposit formation, to help reduce engine wear, and has balanced additive system formulation
- Provides excellent resistance to oil breakdown, for proven long-lasting protection, and maintains oil viscosity at high operating temperatures
- Recommended for all types of gasoline-powered vehicles, including those with turbocharged engines, and meets API SP resource-conserving
SaleBestseller No. 4 Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil 5 Quart
- ADVANCED PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear friction heat and deposits
- 40% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION vs. industry standard as tested in the Sequence IVB engine test
- 25% BETTER DEPOSIT PROTECTION with superior engine cleaning detergents as tested in the GMOD engine test
- EXCEPTIONAL HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE PROTECTION defends your motor no matter the weather conditions
- MEETS OR EXCEEDS ALL REQUIREMENTS of ILSAC GF-6A, API SP, API SN with SN PLUS, API SN, GM dexos 1 Gen 3
Bestseller No. 5 Castrol Edge 0W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Quarts
- 3X stronger against viscosity breakdown than leading full synthetic, based on Kurt Orbahn test in 5W-30 grade
- 10X better high temperature performance, as measured in Sequence IIIH engine test vs. API SP test limit
- 6X better wear protection, Protection for 10,000 miles between oil changes
- 1.4X better sludge protection, as measured in Sequence VH engine test vs. API SP test limit
- Meets ILSAC GF-6 to prevent low speed pre ignition (LSPI) and timing chain wear protection
SaleBestseller No. 6 Valvoline Extended Protection 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5 Quart
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear, friction, heat and deposits
- 10X STRONGER AGAINST OIL BREAKDOWN vs. industry standards as tested in the Sequence IIIH
- 50% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION than industry standards as tested in the Sequence X engine test
- SUPERIOR CLEANING AND PERFORMANCE with Dual Defense Additive Technology to keep your engine running like new
- MEETS OR EXCEEDS ALL REQUIREMENTS of ILSAC GF-6A, API SP, API SN with SN PLUS, API SN, dexos 1 Gen 2
Bestseller No. 7 Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil (5-Quart, Case of 3)
- Full synthetic 0W-20 engine oil made from made from natural gas, not crude, using Pennzoil's patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus Technology
- Pennzoil 0W-20 is a carbon neutral motor oil, achieved through verified Nature Based Carbon Credits that offset the CO2 lifecycle emissions
- Provides better fuel economy—drive on average an extra 550 miles per year (versus a dirty engine)
- Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20 keeps pistons up to 45% cleaner than the toughest industry standard (based on Sequence IIIH results)
- No other leading synthetic oil provides better wear protection from friction (Based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30)
SaleBestseller No. 9 Amazon Basics Full Synthetic Motor Oil - 0W-20 - 5 Quart
- For best performance, follow the manufacturer's recommendations in your vehicle owner’s manual.
- Formulated for longer drain intervals
- Helps prevent build up that can cause rust and corrosion
- Reduces friction for less engine wear
- High resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown
Bestseller No. 10 Castrol 03124 Edge 0W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Quart, 3 Pack
- 42 percent better rating on fighting power robbing deposits
- Superior engine protection vs conventional and synthetic blend oils
- Superior performance against deposits, wear and oxidation; Bottle Color: Black
- Meets the needs of Honda, Toyota, Acura, Lexus and other vehicles where 0W-20 grade is recommended
- Exceeds ILSAC GF-5, API SN, ACEA A1, ACEA B1
Last update on 2023-06-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to find the best 0w 20 synthetic oil?
Here, we’ll be going over a number of factors that you can use to ensure that you’re purchasing the best 0w 20 synthetic oil for you.
Regardless of which type of item you’re looking to buy, chances are that there are existing buying guides on the internet, all of which aim to give you good 0w 20 synthetic oil recommendations.
Despite these recommendations, however, it’s always a good idea to do your own research. In addition to this research, asking yourself the following questions is also super helpful:
- What features does the 0w 20 synthetic oil need to have to be perfect for my needs?
- What is my budget?
- Do I need to purchase a certain brand?
Once you’ve answered these questions and have a good idea of what you’re looking for and the buying process becomes much easier. Keep in mind that when looking for the best product, there’s no need to rush. In fact, very rarely are the ideal products found by choosing the first one you see or by basing your decisions on only one factor. Take your time and enjoy the process!
Now, with the answers to the previous questions in mind, we urge you to use our upcoming buying guide for 0w 20 synthetic oil to find what you’re looking for:
In some cases, the brand of 0w 20 synthetic oil is very important. For example, if you’re looking for an item that works in tandem with another, you might very well need both products to be the same brand. If this is the case, it’s vital to pay attention to this factor, as choosing the wrong product can mean the difference between wasting your money and buying a great product that functions as it should.
The features in any given 0w 20 synthetic oil are important because they can dictate which version of an item you need and how much money you need to spend. Consider all the key features that you want your item to have and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t check at least ¾ of your boxes.
Customer reviews about 0w 20 synthetic oil are crucial – especially when you’re buying a product that costs a lot of money or serves a big importance. Luckily, most products can be found online, which means that it’s common for there to be scores of customer reviews from those who have already purchased any given product.
Pay attention to these reviews. Take note of the pros and cons that they mention, and factor these into your big decision. In some cases, you’ll be forced to sacrifice one con in order to gain a particular pro, but being aware of the potential con is going to be beneficial in either case.
Of course, quality is key. You don’t want to purchase a low-quality product. If you do, you run the risk of your item breaking, not working properly, or otherwise proving to be very disappointing, as well as a waste of money.
You can compare 0w 20 synthetic oil quality by researching what your potential purchases are made from, contrasting the individual items against each other to discern which one is made of the best materials.
Warranty isn’t always going to be important, but it definitely can be. This is especially true if the item in question is tech-related or expensive. A good warranty will be valid for an extended time after purchase and cover a variety of problems ranging from item defects to random accidents, water damage, and other miscellaneous events that could ruin your product.
The quest to find the best 0w 20 synthetic oil can be daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. It can be made much easier by asking yourself a few simple questions and then thinking critically about the items you want to buy. Consider their features, quality, brand, warranty, and customer reviews and you’re more likely to make a great purchase.